Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 3

I couldn't sleep last night. Running outside gives me so much anxiety that I lose sleep. I ran outside every Saturday in March and April and slept crappy on every Friday night. Part of the crap sleep was worrying that I would be late. Part was worry that I wasn't going to be dressed correctly. Part was worry about being attacked.

I bought a RoadID on Monday afternoon. This way if I am attacked the Police can call BoyToy to come and rescue me. Its actually not an official RoadID. Its a dog tag. For a collar. Purchased at the pet store. I wear it on my shoe, not collar. It only cost me $7.13 and its pink and heart shaped and matches my shoes! I am still worried about being attacked, but no longer worried about lingering unconscious in an ER with no one knowing my where abouts.

I did another 8 miles on my 8 mile out & back, loopy thing. This loop is also easily converted to a 7 mile out & back with no loop. It was 50 degrees and sunny. One of those days where the trees are dazzlingly green and the air smells of spring (good spring like plants, not bad spring like dead animal). I can see why people get into this.

I was almost attacked by 2 geese. They stared me down as I ran past. One stupid squirrel wouldn't get out of my way and (deliberately) ran right in front of me. I screamed like a little girl.

I ran about 3 miles of my 8 on a wood chip path and 1 mile on a dirt path. If I'm going to be running outside so much, I'm going to try to be as nice to my joints as possible with soft trails. My shoes are dirty now...I'm trying to be mature about it. Tomorrow I will be back on the treadmill. I don't want to shock my system too much. I have an Entertainment Weekly to read as well.

2 comments:

  1. Kari, happy to hear about your outdoor journeys! I worry about these things too- especially dressing warm enough. I've flung (non-favorite) layers in trees to pick up later while cross-country skiing. Glad you got an ID tag. Do you run in the dark? I won't do it! Take care, Jenno

    ReplyDelete
  2. No running in the dark. I could break a foot. I'm too accident prone. Though I might buy a head lamp just because. Then I could wear it around town and to Target.

    ReplyDelete