Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Clever Title Not Involving Girl Scout Cookies

I did 2 posts in 2 days, and now its over 1 month later.  I told you not to get used to it. 

So what have I been up to?  Running.  I've run outside...wait for it...6 times since my last post!!!  That's over once per week average!  I've done 18, 15, 22, 18, 11, and 7.  I'm still following the Pfitz 18/55 plan.  I've been doing my speedwork on the treadmill (and most other runs), but trying to do all my long runs outside on the pavement.  Here's a quick breakdown.

Run 1 - 18 miles with 14 atgoal  marathon pace (about 8:00 minute miles)

I ran this run pissed.  Not drunk pissed, angry pissed.  Though drunk pissed might have been more fun.  My garmin decided to die this morning.  I charged it up Friday night and all seemed fine, but Saturday morning it wouldn't turn on.  (Insert lots of swear words here)  I was running with the Columbus Running Company group, so I clung to Kristina like my life depended on it.  We have similar PRs (or we used to until she ran Miami in January) and we would both like to run a 3:30 in Boston in April.  She set the pace and I followed.  We it our paces, but I'll be honest...I didn't feel awesome.  A little low energy. 

Run 2 - 15 miles

I ran this run stupid.  It just wasn't my day.  I forgot to wear my running undies.  I forgot to bring my water.   I forgot to bring money to buy water and snacks.  At least I managed not to get lost.  I did remember to wear my new Garmin 305.  Amazon.com $130.  With heart rate monitor I keep forgetting to wear.

Run 3 - 22 miles (22.5 to be exact)

I wore 2 new things this run.  The first was my new running jacket courtesy of CRC and Groupon.  Its blue.  I know, I know.  They didn't have pink.  Sigh.  I seriously spent over 20 minutes in the store comtemplating whether I should spend my Groupon on something else and buy a pink jacket online.  I sucked it up and bought the blue because I no longer had a running jacket.  I'm not sure what happened to the old one.  I think BoyToy made me donate it.  I seem to remember him saying something about me owning too many jackets.  I am officially cut off from jackets for a while.  He has yet to cut me off from lululemon, though. 

The run was good (once we left IceLand Path).  Good company, good conversation.  Felt like I could have done 4 more, but still not feeling like I was in awesome shape. 

Runs 4-6 - Sarasota with the girls

Sun.  80 degrees.  Shorts.  Tank tops.  Bliss.  I had forgotten what it was like to salty sweat so much. 

Lisa was my partner in masochism as we ran 18 miles, 11 miles and 7 miles.  Siesta Key is a beautiful place to run.  I feel like I should have funny stories to tell since I was running with my best running girlfriends, but my mind is blank. 

We did see a condom on the road.  Who knew they needed those in the retirement community? 

I peed next to a building. 

We stopped at a Circle K to buy Gatorade and walk in the beer cooler and use the facilities.  This place may also have the worst public restroom I've even seen.  Super YUCK.  I felt like I needed to dunk myself in anti-bacterial gel.  I should have just peed outside. 

We tried to run on the beach, but the tide was in and it was too wet and too difficult.  We made it .10 miles before we bagged it and went back to the road. 

That's the quick and dirty of my runs.  I apologize for being such a stranger and bag blogger.  I'm in the last 6 weeks of Boston training.  3 more weeks of hard training, 3 weeks of taper (and the madness!!!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment